The purpose of the History United Advisory Council is to provide general direction of the three-year History United program and to coordinate the development a network of humanities organizations in the Dan River Region of Pittsylvania County and Danville, Virginia and Caswell County, North Carolina.
Meeting quarterly, Advisory Council Members represent diverse cross-section of the community to advise History United programs and projects that address the need for a renewed regional identity, increased youth engagement, inclusive history programming and sustainable partnerships.
The following community members serve as advisors to History United:
- Lawrence Campbell, Sr., Pastor, Bibleway Cathedral
- Kendall Ratliffe, Middle Border Forward Program Coordinator
- Sonja Ingram, Preservation Virginia Field Officer, Danville Historical Society
- Ken Larking, Danville City Manager
- Kathy Milam, Executive Director, Community Foundation
- Karen Williamson, Caswell County Historical Association/Thomas Day House
- Diane Barbour, VA/NC Piedmont Genealogical Society
- Cassie W. Jones, Director of Marketing & Communications, Averett University
- Evelyn Riley, Dan River Nonprofit Network Executive Director
- Lisa Tuite, Pittsylvania County Public Library Director
- Crystal Cobbs, Parents of the Schools
- Pleshette Bowens, Community Liaison
- Katie Whitehead, Chatham First
- Margaret Richardson, Danville Neighborhood Development Corp.
- Wenn Harold, DMFAH Education & Technical Facilitator